On the fifth day of Blogmas, Leeann’s blog gave to me… FIVEEEE FESTIVE MOVIES
For the fifth day of Blogmas, I thought I’d go big. No, no golden rings here; just the five Christmas movies I have to see every holiday season. Films that fill me with that “holiday glow” finals insisted on dulling down the past week or so.
(Side note: finals are over and I couldn’t feel more relieved. I celebrated with a three-hour nap this afternoon.
It was delightful.)
But now, for the main event: my top five Christmas movies!
- Miracle on 34th Street. I’ve loved this movie since I was a kid. My grandma had a VHS copy I would watch no matter when I was at her house. Whether the air was filled with humidity or snow, I sat in front of the screen in love with Santa Claus working at Macy’s. “Christmas isn’t just a day…it’s a frame of mind.” Genius.
- The Polar Express. The book always meant a lot to my sister and me as kids. We had our own bells that would hang on the tree every year. The movie means just as much, and I love the soundtrack. The Polar Express is that movie, the one that makes me smile and tear up every time. I love it.
- Eloise at Christmastime. I loved the original Eloise books and movie, and the Christmas one is just as cute! Eloise is such a fun character to watch, and the love story certainly doesn’t hurt anything.
- The Santa Clause. Maybe now is a good time to point out that I really like children’s movies… especially at Christmas! I’m actually watching this right now (thanks ABC Family!) and it’s just so cute. I love Charlie. However, I’ve never understood why it’s so bad at the beginning that Charlie wholeheartedly believes in Santa. He’s 6! Let the kid believe!
- Elf. Cliché, I know, but it’s Elf! Cute, funny, heartwarming–what’s not to love?
What are your favorite Christmas movies?