There’s a tag roaming around my Facebook feed where a person is nominated to list 10 books that have been very important to their life. My dear “big sister” (sorority slang) Emily tagged me August 26th, so my list is well overdue!
So, without further ado, the 10 books that have been very important to my life:
- The Great Gatsby (I did devote a whole post to it ;))
- The American Girl series (Samantha in particular)
- Junie B. Jones (JBJ Has a Peep in Her Pocket is a particular favorite)
- Harry Potter (with a special shout out to number 5)
- Nancy Drew Mysteries (and the Nancy Drew Notebooks and Nancy Drew, Girl Detective versions)
- Pride and Prejudice (my first love in classical literature)
- “The Kissing Hand” (a meaningful family favorite)
- Our Town (the play that made me love reading plays)
- The Care and Keeping of You (everything 12-year-old me needed to know)
- Tenth of December (one day, I want to write like George Saunders)
What are your 10 most important books?
Below the Line:
- Still lots of homework to be done. I have two papers to write for Tuesday so if I don’t get a post out, that’s why :)
- This list was surprisingly hard to write! I really had to dig back into my memories to find the books that really meant something to me.
- Not much else to report. Mostly just school work going on around here!